Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 3 Post/EdCafe

Today in class we made our first attempt at an "ed cafe" where we took turns leading eight minute discussions in small groups.  We discussed the rights in the first amendment.  I think that this little experiment went really well.  It certainly could have gone better, but it was amusing and educational.  I really liked being able to hear all of our classmates ideas on these things, as well as to be able to express our own views.  The main issue that we had was keeping the discussions going.  In every group I was in there was a point where we ended up sitting there with nothing else left to say.  More preparation on our part might have helped prevent that.  I think that my problem with my preparation was that i had expected more discussion.  That didn't really happen because we all agreed on pretty much everything.  It was a little disappointing because of that.  Maybe if we end up doing an ed cafe with something more controversial it will be better in terms of discussion.  We'll just have to wait and see what we end up doing later on, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment