Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 1 Post! Oh, and 30 Day Challenge Update!

Hey would you look at that!  I finally set my blog to the right time zone!

Yesterday in class, we looked at the Dred Scott vs. Sanford case.  Scott, a slave, claimed that he should be free because his master had taken him to a free state at one point.  He felt that this should mean that him and his family were freed from slavery permanently.  The courts ruled against him because slaves were considered to be property.  If Scott had been taken from his master, then that would be a violation of the 5th amendment.

Today in class we watched a video about the debates between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas.  We then read some quotes from  each and answered some questions about them.  We read about their views on things such as slavery, the Dred Scott case, equality, and a nation divided over slavery.  They disagreed about many of these things.  The only thing that they really agreed on was that blacks were inferior to whites. 'twas a silly time then.  We also dealt with some biological warfare, but we survived.  By the way, why did the plane crash?  ...because the pilot was a loaf of bread.  ... ... ...    ^_^

30 Day Challenge Update!

It has been going decently I guess.  I missed a day though.  Ah well.  I did attempt drawing something on the computer instead of on paper.  Since I don't have to take a picture with my webcam for that, I shall post it.


He's a pretty simple little ponyta, but I have to say that I have improved my mouse drawing quite a bit.  Oh, and he's a vector drawing so I can make him any size I want to as long as I use the right file!  Yay! ...Ahem.

Not posting links for anything because shut up.  I mean, because shhhhhut yo' mouth.  I mean, because shhhh, quiet in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment